2. COMPANY’S COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
In order to provide you with the Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain details or information about you. Information that you submit through the Services may include:
- Customer and basic contact details, including name, age, gender, email, zip code, phone number, address and member photos. We collect basic contact details to communicate with you, provide you with the Services, personalize the Services for you, improve and enhance our Services, advertise and market to you, and conduct research and analytics;
- Account information, including username, password, and security questions. We collect account information to maintain and secure your account with us, provide you with the Services, personalize the Services based on your preferences and interactions, share your information with our business partners. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately;
- Product interaction and feedback, including information about your storage unit (e.g, which unit you are renting or rented, padlock combination, frequency and duration of visits, etc.), responses to surveys, search queries within the Services, and transactions you make regarding the Services, such as other products or services purchased. We collect product interaction and feedback to provide you with the Services, improve and enhance our Services, and conduct research and analytics;
- Payment information, including bank account, credit or debit card information, and billing address. We collect payment information to process your payment and provide you with the Services;
- Real estate partner information, including the basic contact details as described above and information about real estate locations and business. We collect real estate partner information to assess prospective business relationships, partner with businesses to develop new storage facilities, and provide, improve and enhance our Services; and
- Any other information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message or submitting information through a webform.
Our Services may require you to enter certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing the Services.
We may obtain information about you from the following third party sources:
- Storage facility platforms, for example, when you choose to link any storage facility platform to your account, or use the Services through such platforms, such as Neighbor;
- Real estate partners;
- Data analytics providers; and
- Service providers.
- Unique device identifier;
- Device type, such as your phone, computer, or tablet;
- IP address;
- Browser type;
- Date and time stamps, such as the date and time you first accessed the Services, or where you unlocked your storage unit;
- Operating system;
- Log data;
- Number of visits;
- Language of device;
- Precise location; and
- Other information regarding your interaction with the Services, such as clickstream data and ad impressions.
In addition to the foregoing, we may use all of the above information to comply with any applicable legal obligations, to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, the rights of our users, or others.
3. HOW THE COMPANY SHARES YOUR INFORMATION
- With vendors or other service providers, such as
- Data analytics vendors;
- IT service management vendors machine learning providers;
- Email marketing vendors; and
- On-site operational vendors, such as facility management, cleaning staff, and security
- Real estate partners, such as commercial landlords;
- Social media platforms
- Storage facility platforms
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group
- To comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries
- In connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction
- To enforce any applicable terms of service
- To ensure the safety and security of the Company and/or its users
- When you request us to share certain information with third parties, such as through your use of social media widgets or login integrations.
- With professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firms
4. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may also allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, our Services is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may control the way in which your devices permit the use of Tracking Technologies. If you so choose, you may block or delete our cookies from your browser; however, blocking or deleting cookies may cause some of the Services, including general functionality, to work incorrectly.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you may be able to configure your browser settings to use the Services without some cookie functionality. You can delete cookies manually or set your browser to automatically delete cookies on a pre-determined schedule. For example, in the Internet Explorer menu bar, select: Tools ->Internet Options->Browsing History->Delete to view manual and automatic options.
To opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, click here.
5. SOCIAL FEATURES
Certain features of the Services permit you to initiate interactions between the Services and third-party services or platforms, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Social Features include features that allow you to click and access the Company’s pages on certain third-party platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and from there to “like” or “share” our content on those platforms. Use of Social Features may entail a third party’s collection and/or use of your data. If you use Social Features or similar third-party services, information you post or otherwise make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you are using. Both the Company and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of both the Services and the third-party service. For more information on third-party websites, services, and platforms, see Section 6.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
7. DATA SECURITY
Please note that any information you send to us electronically, while using the Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Any information you send us through any means is transmitted at your own risk.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US